“6 Reasons Why I Love Sunday School” Tract
Price: $ .10 each
Why do you love Sunday school? This little tract lists six of the most important reasons why everyone should love Sunday school.
ACTUAL MESSAGE INSIDE:
1. God's will is being done. Once Jesus was asked what the most important thing was for everyone to do and he said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Mark 12:30) In other words, our first priority should be our commitment to God. That's the basis of the Christian life. God wants it to be your first priority, too.
2. God's Word is being studied and taught. More than 220 years ago, the Sunday school movement began out of the concern that every person know and understand God's Word, the Bible. Today, with each of us facing so many problems, isn't it great to know that real help and direction is as close as the Bible? And, isn't it also great to know that help in understanding and applying the Bible is as close as the Sunday school?
3. God's love is being shared. John 3:16 says, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believed in him may not die but have eternal life." Go back and read the verse again, but substitute your name for the word "world." Fully comprehending such love is almost impossible. Still, we are called to love each other with a similar love. Do you love other people enough to share God's love with them and tell them about Jesus Christ? It's one of the greatest expressions of love you'll ever make.
4. God's work is being done. Money, time talents...these have all been given to each of us. They weren't given to us to selfishly keep for yourself, but rather to share with others, just like God shared them with us. In Matthew 25, Jesus said that when we do something for others, we are doing it for him. In other words, one of the best ways to work for our Lord is to use our time, talents and money to help others. God's love is often best expressed by a helping hand.
5. The Lord's Day is being observed and utilized. In the very first chapter of the Bible, God gave us an example by working six days and resting on the seventh. Today, however, most people never even give a thought to "a day of rest." But, as any doctor can tell you, such a pace is very unhealthy. God, in his infinite wisdom, knew that we all need regular times of rest and renewal. Not just physical renewal, but also spiritual renewal. Worship and study within the church and Sunday school should be our first priority every Sunday.
6. God's people are assembled and enlisted. Why should a person be a part of a church? The Bible gives us many reasons. The writer of the Book of Hebrews urges his readers "not to give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more." (Hebrews 10:25a) Encouragement, fellowship and learning...these are only a few of the reasons for being a part of a church. Worship and Sunday school are both important. Be a part of both each week.
PA State Sunday School Assn.
5915 Fox Street, Harrisburg, PA 17112